Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 22

Returns...

You can never be down for too long.... someone will always do some small little thing and remind you that you are appreciated and that you make a difference. This is the reason for my posting this year. Paying it forward... if I post positives and try to remind myself that things are good, someone else may benefit and pass it along and the cycle continues. I had a hell of a day yesterday at school. It was just not that pleasant at all.

However, a student stopped me in the hallway as I was hurrying back to my classroom from the computer lab and said he had something for me... I was a bit taken aback, as I don't have this student in any of my classes and asked him what it was. He whipped out a coupon for a free large pizza and said "You always enter the contests and so it's your turn to win. You weren't even close to the right number but you deserve to win so congrats." This student also talked to our principal earlier in the week and told her that he felt Mr. Popp was the best teacher at the school and should not be cut.

The back story to this is that I helped out his girlfriend when she was in an uncomfortable situation and now he was sending his gratitude back to us...

Thanks kid! You made my list of good things today.....

No comments: